HERE’S A SUPER RAINBOW FOOD PLAN. TRY IT AND TELL US WHAT YOU FEEL.
Looking for a healthier and more vibrant diet? Try adding a little colour! Here are some great ideas to get you started on your very own ‘Rainbow Diet’. With so many delicious fruits and veggies to choose from, you’re bound to find a meal that’s perfect for you.
- Greens and blues – Spinach, kiwi and blueberry smoothie
- Reds, oranges and yellows – Chunks of watermelon and mango topped with finely sliced banana and a scattering of pomegranate seeds
- Greens, yellows and blues – A spinach and sweet potato soup, with a radish and red cabbage salad
- Greens and reds – rocket, chopped cucumber, diced green bell pepper topped with walnuts and red apples
- Greens and purples – Nori seaweed wraps filled with zucchini and eggplant
- Greens, Purples and Reds – Chunky salsa – Mix a large diced avocado, kidney beans, pomegranate seeds and a diced red onion together in a bowl. Season with a freshly squeezed lime juice and black pepper
- Yellows, reds, whites – In a wok stir-fry a red onion, red cabbage, yellow bell pepper, garlic, mushrooms and mixed white beans
- Greens, whites, blues and purples – Make some zucchini boats!
- Slice a zucchini in half lengthways then hollow out most of the middle leaving a boat-shaped hole. Grate the cauliflower until fluffy, smash the avocado into a paste-like consistency and mix together in a bowl. Line the zucchini boats with the mixture then scatter with rocket and green herbs.
- Greens, Blues and Purples – Roasted pears with fresh figs and blackberries